Business Unit Weeklies
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location - Town / City Auckland Park
Location - Province Gauteng
Location - Country South Africa
Close Date: 2017/12/15
Job Description We’re looking for a journalist who has a passion for news, a desire to be brilliant and the ability to kick down doors to get the story behind the story. You must be able to produce relevant, compelling and factually correct news and feature content for DRUM’s print and digital platforms and must be able to write on a broad range of subjects.
Minimum Requirements Qualification
Diploma or degree in journalism, languages or media studies.
Experience Experience writing for a mainstream newspaper or magazine;
At least 3 years’ experience.
Prior knowledge Good general knowledge; Knowledge of the DRUM market;
Knowledge of topical issues and current affairs;
Valid driver’s licence;
Proficient in relevant computer software packages and application;
Passion for media, knowledge of current affairs. Established network of contacts
Skills & Competencies • Able to write fluently in English
• Be super creative and basically awesome
• Be able to work in a Content Management System
• Be able to handle pressure like a boss
• Organise your workflow so it works well for you and the team
• Show great news judgement
• Have great attention to detail
• Be able to work with a team and impress those you engage with
• Make good decisions that will benefit the brand
• Never give up, never settle for less than 100%
• Think on your feet and make a plan when things go wrong
Duties & Responsibilities • Write engaging stories for print and digital that will grip the reader from start to finish and keep them coming back for more every week
• Produce high quality work within deadlines
• Showcase your ability to find stories nobody else can and wow the news editor with your awesome suggestions
• Make sure you check every fact twice and know that no sub can question the details in your story
• Comply with the requirements of the South African Press Code
• Build a network of contacts to ensure DRUM gets the bests scoops every week
• Be enthusiastic and energetic and want to take the brand to new heights
• Work closely with photographers and production to ensure a high quality product
• Produce content for DRUM brand extensions when needed.
About Us Media24 is Africa's leading publishing group and offers information and entertainment 24 hours a day. The group has interests in newspapers, magazines, internet businesses, book publishing, printing plants and distribution companies.
Many of these publications and businesses are award-winning leaders in their respective fields. Media24 also has many international and local sister companies in the media industry through its holding company, Naspers.
Register and APPLY Online
In terms of our employment equity policy, preference will be given to candidates from designated groups, including people with disabilities.
Field Sales Consultant Mainstream Distell Group Limited Hammanskraal, Gauteng Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position in the Sales SA division based at Hammanskraal. This person will report to the Field Sales Manager. Purpose Statement… Gauteng
Customer Service Agent | Tempest Car Hire | Braamfontein (190812-4) Closing date: 2019/08/19 Details Customer Service Agent | Tempest Car Hire | Braamfontein (190812-4) - Tempest Car Hire Job Title Customer Service Agent | Tempest Car Hire | Braamfontein… Gauteng