Operating Division : TPT Saldanha IOT
Position Title : Accounts Payable Administrator
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : OPS, FI, Financial Accounting, SLJ
Location : Saldanha
Reporting To : Financial Accountant
Grade Level : TPTI2X
Reference Number : 20002155
Position Purpose :
To accurately and timeously compile creditor’s reconciliations for payments to trade creditors in accordance with the set financial policies and procedures, to ensure all vendors are paid on the due date to avoid interest payments.
Accurate Cash forecasting and deviation management
Position outputs :
1. Check, verify and capture invoices (FB60 or MIRO) against purchase orders and adherence to legal procurement, vendor
payment policy, cash management policy and tax requirements to ensure charges Compile monthly accruals for invoices not
goods receipted to the income statement invoiced correspond to purchase orders generated on system and are in
compliance with set financial policies.
2. Capture all invoices timeously against the vendor in order for payment to be made on due date.
3. Ensure that all credit notes due and discounts received are obtained before the monthly payment run to ensure that no
over /under payments are made.
4. Verify all information on the invoice to ensure that the invoice meets all legal requirements ( i.e. valid tax invoice) Compile
creditor’s reconciliations to ensure that all invoices due as per statements are paid timeously. 5. Follow up on all outstanding invoices on creditors reconciliations to ensure timeously payments.
6. Liaise with procurement to resolve queries regarding invoices not goods receipt, and any other discrepancies and queries
between invoices and purchase orders.
7. Review GRIR account to ensure long outstanding items are investigated and cleared from the GRIR account as per the
8. Review the creditor’s age analysis to ensure long outstanding items are followed up and paid timeously as per the CFRC requirements.
9. Assist with cash forecasting Weekly, Monthly and 3 monthly.
10. Assist with monthly accruals for invoices not goods receipted to the income statement Mailing / faxing of remittance
advices to suppliers after issuing the EFT’s 11. Filing , any Ad Hoc financial requirements and requests.
Qualifications & Experience :
• Matric with Accounting • 2 to 3 years’ experience in an Accounts Payable function
Knowledge: • Accounting theory and practices. Financial reporting standards. • Computer literacy. • SAP R/3, Microsoft Word and Excel • Understanding of PFMA and Corporate Governance. VAT legislations. • Reconciliation procedures
Skills: • Good communication skills Planning and organizing Inter personal skills • Social & telephone etiquette Typing skills • Minute writing • Client service / liaison
Attitudes: • Confidentiality Attention to detail Initiative • Reliable Accurate Organized • Service orientated Supportive
Register and APPLY Online
Equity Statement : Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : Recruitment.Saldanha@transnet.net
The closing date is on 12.12.2017. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to KESARIE.ELLEN@TRANSNET.NET.
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
saldanha, west coast
Location: CBD Cape Town Position: Client Relations Manager Contract: Permanent Monthly salary: R5000 – R15000 plus commission Benifits: Monday-friday 8am-5pm. No Weekend work! Oppertunaty for growth within company Good rewards program for excellent… Western Cape
Advertising Reference Number 21894 Job Title Porter Department Supportive Services Business Unit Western Cape - Mediclinic Panorama Geographical Location Mediclinic Panorama, Plattekloof Province / Region Western Cape Closing date: 2019/02/25 Recruiter… Western Cape
Shift Electrical Technician Job Description Main Purpose of Job The Electrical Technician together with other technicians provides process and technical support to the machine crews in order to maintain and optimize asset process stability and develop… Western Cape