Business Unit Digital
Close Date: 2017/12/12
Job Type Classification Intern
Location - Town / City Cape Town
Location - Province Western Cape
Location - Country South Africa
Job Description The successful candidate will be working in a small, fast-moving editorial team to produce useful, entertaining and emotive online food content (sometimes on the fly, sometimes days or weeks ahead). The successful candidate must have a relevant qualification and a passion for food.
Minimum Requirements - A relevant qualification in journalism, media studies, communication or language.
- Restaurant experience a plus.
- Cooking experience or qualification a plus.
- Knowledge of SA restaurant industry a plus - celebrity chefs, top restuarants etc.
Skills & Competencies - Excellent communication and writing skills
- A+ multi-tasker and juggler of responsibilities big and small
- Meticulous editor, perfectionist, obsessive attention to detail, maddened by typos and broken links, delighted by finding and fixing them
- Keenly interested in, and engaged with social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest
- Loves problem-solving and collaborating to drive Food24 forward
- Familiar with the Food24 editorial voice and aesthetic
Duties & Responsibilities - Loading and editing recipes and food/drink/restaurant articles into the content management system
- Sourcing and resizing images (experience in Photoshop is a huge advantage!)
- Conceiving and writing short original articles and posts: recipe roundups and features about the goings-on in the greater food/drink/restaurant community
- Aggregating of articles on a day to day basis
- Creating visually appealing videos on Wotchit
- Being part of team brain-storming sessions around new content ideas and formats
About Us Media24 is a leading media company in Africa with interests in digital media, newspapers, magazines, printing, distribution, book publishing, job classifieds and ecommerce. Media24’s digital media division, 24.com, is a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services across internet, mobile and applications. 24.com is dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities. As South Africa’s largest digital publishing house, the network welcomes over 16 million local unique browsers monthly. Media24 is part of Naspers, a multinational group of media and ecommerce platforms.
Register and APPLY Online or LinkedIn
In terms of our employment equity policy, preference will be given to candidates from designated groups, including people with disabilities.
Job Title Internship: Systems (Non-Merch & Digital) Department Supply Chain - Systems Brand Ackermans Reporting To Position Manager Job Type Classification Internship Number of Positions 1 Location - Town / City Kuilsrivier Location - Province Western… Western Cape
Job Title Graduate Sales Representative (CFS - Cape Town) Job Type Classification Contract/Fixed Term Location - Town / City Epping, Cape Town Location - Province Western Cape Location - Country South Africa Reporting To Sales Manager Closing date:… Western Cape
Job Title Sales Learnership Programme (Hyundai Western Cape Region) Branch/Department Hyundai Western Cape Region Company Hyundai Automotive S.A. Job Type Classification Internship Location - Town / City Western Cape Region Location - Province/Area… Western Cape