Job Type Classification Contract/Fixed Term
Location - Town / City Epping, Cape Town
Location - Province Western Cape
Location - Country South Africa
Reporting To Sales Manager
Closing date: 2018/12/07
Job Advert Details
Job Category Food Service
Purpose Join our brand new Checkers Food Services (CFS) graduate program for developing Sales Representatives. The successful candidates will be exposed to a holistic view of the Shoprite Group of Companies (Induction week, training, Distribution Centre (DC) rotation and Store rotation) before joining the CFS team. At CFS you will be exposed in-depth to our Sales Department (Telesales team and Sales Representative team), DC operations, buying function and transport operation. Once the induction period is over you will have the opportunity to display your Sales Representative abilities in the trade. Selling and marketing should be your passion and brilliant customer service is crucial. The objective when in the trade is to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned geographical area by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services. Personally contacts and secures new business accounts/customers from hotels, B&B's, residences, holiday resorts and restaurants.
• Degree in Marketing Management or Retail Business Development or similar
• Diploma in Marketing Management or Retail Business Development or similar
• 1 Year experience in the hospitality industry or marketing/sales industry
Knowledge • Knowledge in retail and food services
Skills • Computer literacy (MS Office, especially MS Excel)
• Problem-Solving Skills
• Good telephone skills
• Good Interpersonal and communication Skills
• Determines solutions for customers
• Result orientated
Job objectives 1. Gain holistic Company knowledge of the Shoprite Group
2. Gain holistic business knowledge of Checkers Food Services
3. Developing young talent into self-sufficient and successful Sales Representatives
4. Researches and analyses sources for developing prospective customers
5. Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
6. Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services.
7. Plans and organises personal sales strategy by maximizing the return on time investment for the geographical area.
8. Keeps abreast of products applications, market conditions, competitive advertising, advertising and promotional trends.
9. Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned geographical area to generate new business of the organizations products.
10. Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
11. Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
•Deciding and initiating action
•Working with people
•Relating and networking
•Persuading and influencing
•Presenting and communicating information
•Writing and reporting
•Planning and organising
•Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
•Coping with pressures and setbacks
•Adhering to principles and values
•Following instructions and procedures
•Adapting and responding to change
•Achieving personal work goals and objectives
•Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
Applicant Feedback Policy Shoprite endeavours to provide feedback to all candidates whenever possible. However, if you do not hear from one of our Recruiters within 30 days, please accept that your application was unsuccessful
Register and APPLY Online
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally.
It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible.
Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.
Shoprite endeavours to provide feedback to all candidates whenever possible. However, if you do not hear from one of our Recruiters within 30 days, please accept that your application was unsuccessful
epping, cape town
Job Title Sales Learnership Programme (Hyundai Western Cape Region) Branch/Department Hyundai Western Cape Region Company Hyundai Automotive S.A. Job Type Classification Internship Location - Town / City Western Cape Region Location - Province/Area… Western Cape
Job Title Internship: Systems (Non-Merch & Digital) Department Supply Chain - Systems Brand Ackermans Reporting To Position Manager Job Type Classification Internship Number of Positions 1 Location - Town / City Kuilsrivier Location - Province Western… Western Cape
Recruiter:262 Start Date:2019-03-08 AA/EE:Applicable Location:Western Cape Category:Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygiene Updated on:2019-03-11 00:00:00 End Date:2019-03-13 Contract:Temporary / Contract Available:ASAP Offer:Market Related… Western Cape